We got to go on a walking field trip to the Boerne Fire Station. The kids love it.
 |
| Richard's class |
I forgot my camera this year. They have all kinds of activities set up for the kids to learn about what to do in case of a fire. They had a puppet show, the kids got to stop, drop, and roll through a little smoke house. They also got to put out a pretend fire with a real fire hose. Robert was concerned about this because it was a waste of water and we are in a drought.
 |
| Robert's class |
Rebecca figured out that this was the 10th time I have gone on this field trip. I guess I should be thankful that the twins get to go together so I don't have to go even more. One of the teachers came up to me and asked how many times I have been on this field trip. She has been at the school since we moved here and I started going with Matthew and Rebecca when they were in elementary school. A 3rd grade teacher told me in the hall that in 3rd grade we don't go on that field trip. I had to laugh. All the teachers that have been at our school for the past 9 years know that I have gone with each of my kids every time they have gone. I am blessed to be able to go with my kids and watch the light and excitement in their eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment