We had our first swim meet. They are on Monday evenings. Each parent has to volunteer to help with at least 2 meets. I signed up to help with sign in. That is where we write the kids name on their shoulder and draw the event, heat, lane, stroke grid on each child's arm.
We have to be at the pool around 3:00pm to help with set up and then the other swimmers start arriving around 3:30pm
The meets usually last until 9:00 pm or so. The boys finished their events by 7:45 this time so we were able to leave a little early.
I set up our little canopy tent and chairs and then went to help. When I came back the boys were asleep. I guess they were bored and needed a nap. I woke them up in plenty of time for their first event.
| Robert |
| Richard |
| playing Skip Bo |
| I have no idea which child this is. |
The boys each improved a great deal on their swim times. We had a mock meet to get their times and to show the kids what a meet was like. I was a little worried with the boy's swim times. They were super slow at the mock meet. Robert took over a minute off of his backstroke time and was in range with the other kids he swam with. Richard took 30 sec off of his time. Robert took 25 sec off of his freestyle and Richard took 3 sec off of his. (He already had a pretty good time with freestyle)
I hope to get better pictures at the next meet.


No comments:
Post a Comment