Friday, June 22, 2012

Savvy

Every night, before bed, I read to the boys. We read for about 45 min each night.  Sometimes Mark will fill in for me if I am gone.  Most of the time Rebecca will fill in for me on Friday nights while Mark and I go on date night.  But it is my time with the boys where life is an adventure.  We have gone through a whole list of books and I enjoy every minute of it.  I have read all the book previously so that I can make sure they are age appropriate.



This book was fun.  The boys really enjoyed it and told their teachers at school all about it.  They have decided that when they turn 13 that they will get a "savvy"  like in the book.  Even though we have read about 3 more books since I read them this book, they still talk about and wonder what their "savvy" will be.

This past week, we were all in the car, and the boys brought up "savvy's".  Matthew asked what his "savvy" was.  They both in unison replied "computers!  you can do anything with computers".  That fits.

Then they said that Dad's (Mark's) "savvy" was to be funny.  (My big kids don't think dad is that funny, although Matthew is starting to).  It is fun to listen to the boys talk.  They fill in each other's sentences.  It is not really interrupting.  They just have the same thoughts and the same words and they go back and forth on who is talking in the same sentence.

 Then Rebecca asked what her "savvy" was.  The boys said they didn't know.  How sad.  They tried to explain to her that not everyone gets a "savvy"  They didn't know that she had already read the book.

  I didn't want to know mine.  If Rebecca didn't have one and Dad's is being funny, then who knows what mine is in their minds.  Matthew asked them what Mom's "saavy" was...  They said together in their own special way "Mom's "savvy" is to hit the curb with the back tire every time she turns into our school"  What?  I can't deny it though.  I do hit the curb almost everyday when I drop them off and pick them up from school.  How did I get that as my "savvy". What happened to be perfect in every way even making mistakes perfectly?  (Comes from the book)

I love my boys.  I love the conversations we get to have.  I love that my big kids and little kids interact so well.  I am a very blessed Mom.


No comments: