Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rebecca is 16

Rebecca's birthday was on the weekend so my parents were able to come down.  Rebecca and Grammy have a special relationship, so Rebecca was thrilled when she found out Grammy and Grandpa were coming.

Add caption

Charm bracelet from Grammy and Grandpa

 I had my parents buy Rebecca's gift from us.  I just didn't have time to do the research and go shopping the week before her bday.  I had a high school choir end of year party, 2 elementary school end of year parties, and Rebecca's sweet 16 party all in the same week.  I knew what we wanted to get her but didn't have the time.  When my mom offered , I let her.

3 ft iTower.  
 She was so excited.  We all had fun with it that afternoon.
 Rebecca requested Dad's (Mark) bbq chicken, green salad, and a fruit salad for dinner.  She also wanted Lemon Jello Cake.  This is really the only cake that all my kids like.
We had a very nice weekend.  I was a little sad to see my little girl turn 16.  I am also very pleased with the young lady that she has grown into.  She is delightful to be around, she has her own testimony of the Savior, and she is very responsible and caring.  I tell her quite frequently that she has a heart of gold and I hope she never looses it.  Mark and I love her and are very proud of her.

No comments: