Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rebecca's Sweet 16 Party


I decided that Rebecca would enjoy a Sweet 16 Surprise Party.
I looked at the dates.  With the end of the school year and graduation, it is always difficult to have a birthday party for Rebecca.

 I made the invitations, contacted a friend of Rebecca's from school and contacted a friend from church.  I put the plan in motion.  Rebecca ended up finding out about the party.  One of her friends didn't get a formal invitations and didn't realize it was a surprise.  The kids were talking in code and the one who didn't realize it was a surprise asked why they were making other plans when they were all going to Rebecca's party-in front of her...
Several years ago at Shop Hop, we walked by a cake shop.  They had a topsy turvy cake and Rebecca just loved it.  She said that when she turned 16 that was the type of cake she wanted.  I filed away a mental noted and away we went.  A few months ago, Rebecca asked me if I remembered that cake and reiterated that she wanted that cake for her Sweet 16.  OH...  I contact the cake shop and they wanted $600 for the cake.  That was not going to happen.  I found the cake pans and decided I could make it myself.
Rebecca loved it.  By the end of the evening it was collapsing and I was a little sad except that she loved it so much.
I decided at the last minute to pick up sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and water guns.  I am so glad I did.  All the teenagers had a blast.  They really are just kids inside adult bodies.




We had so much fun.  We had about 28 teenagers show up.  It was a full house and worth all the work that went into pulling off this party.

No comments: