Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day


The twins were so excited for Father's Day.  We let Dad sleep in.  (He still had meetings at the church by 9 so he didn't get to sleep in that much)

The boys wanted to make blueberry muffins.


Dad got breakfast in bed.  He had scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins, and orange juice.  We never have orange juice but Mark loves it.  Found out the twins don't like it.


The twins also got Mark some blue dress socks and a new wallet. 

 Rebecca gave a very nice talk in sacrament meeting about Fathers. She opened it with saying that she was asked to give a talk on Father's Day by her Father.   She gave Mark some really nice compliments in her talk.  Matthew leaned over during her talk and asked if I had written it.  Nope.  She wrote the whole thing.  I just read over it and made sure what she was trying to say was what she was really saying.  She did a great job.  

Matthew grilled ribs and both big kids made the rest of dinner.  Mark and I actually didn't get to eat with the family.  Mark insisted on taking me to Urgent Care for my back and while we were gone, the big kids made dinner.  Mark told them to go ahead and eat so it wouldn't get cold.  

We are very thankful for the Dad we have living in our home.  He does a great job.  We love him! 

I am thankful for my Dad.  He was and is a good example to me.  I am thankful that I have such a righteous man to look up to.  

We are also thankful for Mark's dad, Richard.  He passed away 11 years ago.  Father's Day gives us another chance to tell our kids about their Grandpa.  I am thankful for the way that Mark's parents raised him to be such a good husband and dad.  

No comments: