We got up semi-early to start exploring London. My dad had recommended a tourist book for London and it was great.
Mark and I both don't like Ferris wheels. We thought that this was just a glorified Ferris wheel so we didn't even try to ride it. Later, my Mom and Dad both told me that it is not like a Ferris wheel. I guess if I ever go back, then I will have to ride it.
| The London Eye |
| Big Ben |
| Parliament |
I was very disappointed that they wouldn't let me take pictures. I bought some post cards at one of the shops and have scanned them in. The ceilings, the tombstones, the stone work was all so amazing. It is also very humbling to stand in a building that is over 1000 years old. The history in this building is rich and inspiring and sad.
![]() |
The High Alter
|
The floor in front of the High Alter, is made out of a gems. It is a mosaic but the pieces are gems. They do not allow you to walk on it. There were other areas in the Abby that I was surprised that they allowed us to go. The words written on top of the graves were wearing out because we (1000's of people) were walking on them.
![]() |
| The Nave Looking East |
![]() |
| The quire |
The choir sits here and sings. We did buy one of their CD's of Christmas music.






No comments:
Post a Comment