Then I had to brave the "tube". I got on just fine. I was a little nervous because I was lugging a suitcase with me. It worked fine. People do it all the time. There was an older gentleman, about my dad's age, from Houston, that talked to me and told me about London as we were riding the tube. He asked me where my husband's apartment was and made sure that knew what interchanges and lines to use. It made me feel better. I am glad that man was there and was nice.
At one of the tube line changes, a lady came up to me and asked if I was coming from Atlanta. She had seen the tag on my suitcase. I told her "yes". Then she said "let's brave the subway together" It was her first time on the subway, she had a suitcase like I did, and it was super crowded. I was glad I wasn't the only newbie there and I was glad she had the courage to say something to me.
I finally got to where I was supposed to meet Mark. (an hour and a half later). I came up out of the tube stations and couldn't tell where I was compared to the map that Mark had given me. I called him and he just told me to wait where I was and he would find me. I am usually pretty good with maps but I wasnt' that day.
| the building where Mark's apartment is. 11th floor |
Mark took me to his apartment. Then he went back to work. I unpacked, went downstairs to the gym and ran for 30 min on the treadmill, showered, then read until Mark got home from work.
We walked around for a little while and then went to dinner. I was so tired that I don't think I was very coherent company. We then went back to Mark's apartment and I was asleep by 8:30 pm.


No comments:
Post a Comment