Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Building cars

For the boys birthday, we got them a subscription to a wood building kit.  Every 6 weeks they will get a kit in the mail.  It comes with all the supplies they need to build whatever that kit is for.
This month was a car.


They had to learn to hammer a nail.  (It came with a real kid size hammer).  They had to learn to read and follow the directions.  We also really worked on keeping the paint on the newspaper.  By the end, with both kids at different places in the instructions, I was really having to try to be patient.  Its not their fault that they don't know how to hammer or glue wood.  Its not their fault that mommy doesn't know how to build a car and that the instructions were obviously written by someone who does.  I didn't get upset and we did have fun.  Next month, I will do it as an individual project and not both of them at the same time.




Richard with the finished product.  They don't work.  We twist the fan blades and they spin but it does not propel the car.  I think we may have the wheels on too tight.  When Mark gets home from England, I will have him look at them and try to figure it out.  I did good to get this far with them.  lol

No comments: