Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trafalgar Square and British Museum-Day 1 PM

When we finished at Westminster Abby, we went to a little cafe and had fish and chips.  Not very good.  Very crowded.  They just cram people in there.  
We then walked and walked and walked.  We finally found Trafalgar Square.  There were some break dancers performing in the square.  There was also a lady that was slightly off her rocker, calling everyone to repentance because the end is at hand.  It was interesting to watch all the different types of people.  I could have spent quite a bit of time there just watching people.  

Not sure what this is.  I just liked the way it looked. 

I wanted Mark to climb up there with the Lion.  He didn't want to.  

I usually like museums.  I didn't really care for this one much.  I was actually offended at some of the paintings.  The older I get, the more sensitive I get.  Not sure if this is good or bad or both.  I was offended at the way the Savior was portrayed.  I was offended at the way women in general were portrayed.  The idea that women are being put on display is not new.  These painting were very old and portrayed women the same way as it is done in the media now.

On a positive note, there were some wonderful paintings.  I loved the Monet paintings. There were a lot of painting that I did enjoy and there is/was some amazing talent displayed.


No comments: