Friday, March 30, 2012

Ruby


This is Ruby. 


 She is the latest addition to our family.

 Richard has been asking for a puppy for almost a year.  I told him he wasn't old enough and I didn't want to have to take care of a puppy.  When he was old enough to help then we could get a puppy.  That day he started taking care of Lucky.  He would make sure she had food when he got up in the morning.  He would remember to take her out.  He would help wherever he could.  (Lucky doesn't really take that much work).
Ruby was cold.  She hid under this towel in the laundry room
 When it got closer to the twins' birthday, Richard asked me if he was old enough yet.  I had to admit, he had proved that he could be responsible taking care of a pet.  I told him we couldn't get a puppy for his birthday because I was going to be in England and there was no way we could get a puppy and then have a babysitter take care of it.  I told him I would talk to Dad and we would figure out when we could get a puppy.  Then I told him there was no way we were getting one before Dad got home from England.
Lucky and Ruby meeting for the first time.
 The week Mark got home, Richard announced to Mark, that I had said , we could get a puppy as soon as Dad got home from England.  Not exactly what I had said but...
I think, Lucky may tolerate this puppy after all.
I started doing the research to find a breeder that had Golden Retriever's in our area.  Mark actually found the puppy.  Mark called and we went that day to pick up the puppy.  The boys were so excited.  They wanted to name her Lacy but we thought that was too close to Lucky.  Then Mark suggested, Rubia, since she is blond and rubio in Spanish is blond.  The boys then switched it to Ruby.





A puppy is harder than a baby.  She cried most of the night on the first night.  Lucky did help.  She would go check on Ruby whenever she would cry.  The second night went much better.  By the third night, Ruby was sleeping through the night.  She is learning very quickly to go outside and we have had just a couple of accidents in the house.

The boys take turns babysitting Ruby when she is not in her crate or outside.  As of right now, the chewing is going to be our biggest problem.

No comments: